Give a little….or a lot. Give what you can. Those of us who are fortunate enough to have enough can make a lasting difference in the lives of those who don’t. A relatively small change in your life can mean tremendous change in the life of another. These simple examples speak for themselves:
- Skip a $3.00 mocha, once each week ($150 per year)
- Forgo a $30.00 dinner out, once per month ($360 per year)
- Organize a seasonal clothing exchange instead of a shopping spree ($400 per year)
These changes come easily with a simple shift in mindset. And our donors can vouch for the ongoing benefit attached to this choice: it feels good, over and over again.
Where do our dollars go?
- Directly to training and employment for unemployed refugees in the community.
- Developing training curricula and instructional methodologies that benefit this community and will also benefit communities around the world.
- Investing in local farm and manufacturing infrastructure to change more lives and businesses.
- Paying the modest salaries of a core group of highly motivated and profoundly effective local staff members who are dedicated to this cause.
Why does it make sense to donate here?
Our relatively low overhead and enormous capacity to mobilize volunteer talent means that your dollars go farther. We use funds strategically and funnel the benefits directly to the community. We facilitate personal empowerment and skill development that translates to lower unemployment and fewer tax dollars spent to care for individuals in the community. You can choose to have a relationship with the individuals you impact.
What can your dollars do?
- $25 funds training materials and supplies for one individual.
- $50 pays for a new fruit tree to be planted at one of our farms or it covers transportation costs for our farm employees for a week.
- $100 makes possible one week of training or one week of a 3-month, part-time work opportunity for an at-risk community member.
- $500 funds a month-long, intensive training course for one individual.
- $1000 funds a 3-month paid work opportunity.